San-Tech Machining (STM) specialises in manufacturing within the engineering industry. We provide quality machined parts manufactured to samples or drawing specifications. STM holds the capability to design and manufacture one-off or multiple components to meet our customer’s specific needs. .
San-Tech has a wide range of both manual and CNC machines.
A brief description of our machining capabilities include:
- Manual Turning – Up to: 2 meters between centres, 101mm spindle bore.
- Manual Milling – Up to: X axis – 1.5 meters, Y axis – 0.88 meters, Z axis – 1 meter.
- CNC Turning – Various lathes with up to 1.5 meter centres, 420mm turning diameter,
850mm over bed with active milling capabilities.
- CNC Milling – Up to: X axis – 2 meters, Y axis – 1 meter, Z axis – 1 meter. One machine
also has a 4th axis rotary table.
- Horizontal Boring
- Fabrication – To AS-NZS 1554 structural steel welding series of standards with qualified boilermakers trained to meet this standard. Stainless and aluminium tig welding capabilities are available as well as spray welding and profile cutting of plates to 160mm thick.
- 5 Tonne overhead crane and 3 tonne forklift available for material handling with qualified riggers on staff.
- An in depth quality control system with a full time quality control officer. Our quality control department is continuously being assessed and improved to comply with the requirement of ISO 9001 (currently undertaking processes to achieve ISO9001 accreditation).
- Design and drafting management.
- Upon request, transport can be organised for pickup and deliveries.
San-Tech has worked towards establishing exceptional business relationships to ensure our customers receive the very best work. Should STM need to sub-contract a part of a customer’s job, the most suitable sub-contractor will be selected from our list of qualified vendors. Each vendor is assessed and prequalified ensuring prompt and high quality services. Such services include:
- Laser cutters
- Sheet metal processing
- Sand blasting services
- Painting services to customer requirements
- Water cutting facility
- Hydraulic services
- Welding reports (visual examination and reporting, Non destructive testing and reporting).
This wide range of equipment allows San-Tech to manufacture almost anything our customers require. It also means that with the extensive range of machinery, majority of work brought to San-Tech can be done on premises. Using this specialised equipment gives San-Tech the ability to create custom items. San-Tech provides service to many other industries, and our doors are always open to the general public. Our overhead crane allows the handling and precision our larger jobs require.
STM provides machining and componentry for the equipment used throughout the mining industry, providing specialised services for the diligent field of mining. Material certificates are available on all steels used upon request.
STM also fabricate and repair components of farming equipment for agricultural businesses throughout Australia. Our fabrication department is quickly growing and provides mig, tig, stick and spray welding. All procedures are carried out by trade certified welders and weld inspection certificates can also be provided as mentioned in our capabilities outline.